You don’t need a lot of money to make a huge difference in your home. Whether you’re looking to add a little value to a home you’re selling or just want to change up your home’s look, these projects will get the job done. Gather your supplies, pick a weekend and accomplish one, or a few, of these budget-friendly DIY projects!
- Make a splash. Adding a backsplash can really brighten up a boring kitchen. Choose a colorful mosaic of tiles for a bold statement or opt for trendy, white subway tiles.
- Update the hardware. New drawer pulls, cabinet knobs, and door handles can really enhance the look of any kitchen, bathroom, or bedroom. Add patterned knobs for a vintage feel or sleek, silver hardware for a more modern look. Best part is, this project is quick and easy!
- Don’t be afraid of color. Never underestimate the power of painting! The color of the walls can transform the ambiance in any room. Warmer colors, like reds, oranges, and yellows, make a room feel more intimate, whereas cooler colors, like blues, greens, and purples, make a room feel larger. Grab a few paint swatches from the home improvement store and see what fits your home and your tastes the best!
- Add some appeal. Curb appeal that is! Give your house a face-lift by painting your front door to give it a fresh new look, or if your budget allows for it, install a brand new one. Swap out the house numbers for a personalized touch (unique ones can be bought on Etsy). Top off the project with a new doormat featuring a cute message.
- Illuminate the situation. Upgrade or add in new lighting fixtures to refresh the feel of a room. Find a decorative fixture and make it the focal point of your dining or living room. Or trade out lamp shades on old floor or table lamps for newer, modern versions.