We have officially said goodbye to summer and are now back in the school year routine. Whether you are a parent or the student, it is important to stay on top of how your year is progressing and find ways to help you or your child stay consistent with study habits. Now is the time to create and cultivate exceptional study habits and get good grades!
Here are 7 tips how to maintain good practices with schoolwork.
- Organization. Keep your books and assignments in order, get a planner to organize when quizzes and tests will be and time-block when you are going to get your studying done.
- Get an adequate amount of sleep every night. Sleep not only lets your brain cells repair, but allows clarity throughout the day. You don’t want to be groggy all day when you’re trying to pay attention in class!
- Eat healthy. You are what you eat! A good diet will let your body maintain energy and you will feel better when you are eating healthy. Grab an apple and ditch the candy because your body and brain will thank you.
- Write down goals. Studies have shown, when you write something down, you’re more likely to do it. Make a list of your goals! Writing things down helps you specify exactly what is needed so you have a better grasp on what your ambitions are.
- Communicate with your teacher. Ask questions when you don’t understand the assignment or need clarification. Maintaining a good relationship with your teacher will show them you care about your schooling and grades! They will recognize you are actively trying and seeking help.
- Personalize your tools. Everyone is different! Some individuals are visual, while others are more verbal. If you are a visual person, color coat different sections of your notebook or make charts. If you are more verbal, talk things out loud with yourself. Or do both! Doing so will let your brain take in the material in multiple ways, helping you better remember the content.
- Create a study group. Working with others in your class can help answer any questions you may have and better prepare you for exams. Quizzing and teaching each other information is another solid strategy to learn the material!