When prospective buyers tour a home, they are looking to see if their family could feel comfortable and build a lifetime of memories. Staging helps them get an idea of what living there would be like and help sell your home.
The right staging is key to getting your home off the market as quickly as possible and for the best price. That is why we created a small guide to help you hit what we call “The 5 Senses of Home Staging”.
Sight is one of the most important senses when it comes to staging your home. You want to help buyers visualize themselves living in the home. When staging your home, make sure you take care of the following key sight items:
- Removing clutter
- Removing personal objects such as family photos
- Opening curtains and blinds
- Turning on lights in the home
- A small number of decorations to help make it more “homey”
While the sound may not seem key to selling your home, it can keep your house on the market for months. When staging your home, make sure you take care of the following key sound items:
- Asking neighbors to maintain quiet during showings
- No loud and obtrusive music
- Shutting windows to deaden outside sound
- Fix creaks and groans from items like doors and floorboards
The smell can help improve the prospective buyer’s mood and make sure that your home sells faster. When staging your home, make sure you take care of the following key smell items:
- Subtly scented candles or essential oils to improve the smell of the home
- Removing any smell of pets
- Avoid cooking any heavily scented foods such as fish, Brussel sprouts, and broccoli.
Taste is shown to help sell your home much faster. When staging your home, make sure you take care of leave out cookies or sweets for your prospective buyers. They will get a small dopamine boost which will improve their mood and their overall experience in the home.
While cookies alone will not sell your home, it can improve the mood of the right buyer who may have overlooked your property otherwise.
Touch is the final of the 5 senses of home staging. When staging your home, make sure you take care of the following key touch items:
- Remove dirt from all surfaces in the home
- Clean walls
- Include hand sanitizer at the door
When staging your home, it is critical to take care of the 5 senses. This will help prospective buyers see themselves in your property and garner more interest. If you need to speak to someone about the mortgage on your next purchase, click here and get started today.