Do's & Dont's.
Tips for a Smooth Loan Approval
Below are key items to do and to avoid during your home lending process. This list will help keep your loan on track and ensure an effortless home loan experience. Unsure if something will affect your loan approval? Just ask us! We have seen it all and can answer any of your questions.
- Immediately inform your Loan Officer if there are any changes in your employment, income, or assets.
- Continue living in your current residence.
- Continue making all mortgage or rent payments.
- Continue to make payments and stay current on all existing credit accounts.
- Be prepared with an explanation for any credit “blemishes” and recent credit inquiries.
- Research and select a preferred homeowner’s insurance provider.
- Make any major purchases or home improvements. (ie. auto, boat, appliances, furniture, pool)
- Apply for new credit or loans.
- Pay off any charge-off accounts, collections, loans, credit cards, or consolidate debt.
- Close any credit card accounts, max-out, or over-charge credit accounts.
- Change bank accounts of transfer balances from one account to another.
- Change the source of your “closing funds.”
- Deposit large amounts of cash into your own bank account without proper documentation.
Communication is key. Alex answered his phone or called back promptly. In this market, when everyone is overwhelmed with business for loans, Alex was proactive and communicated what the time line was so we could prepare for delays. Alex was great to work with and I have already referred others to work with him. Excellent experience.
Arlo & his team are fantastic at communicating all of the details and walking through different scenarios. They respond to questions quickly and they take time to make sure the process serves the client's best interest. They are very honest and forthcoming and I trust them implicitly.
Adam and his team were very helpful. They were quick to answer the 1000 questions I had. Everyone treated us like they were rooting for us to get the house we want. Team Noone is a great decision for anyone who needs financing for a home! Will call first if I ever need to buy another home!!
I love working with Vincent. My client lost the previous home due to the lender. So they switched to Vincent and now she is a proud home owner. He is patient and explains things to my clients so throughly. He keeps everyone up-to-date on the steps in the transaction. If you're looking for a great lender Vincent is the best!
Pam is very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. She answered all thousand questions I had. She made me feel at easy when I wasn’t. Her team followed up throughout the process. I am sure this is my first of more transactions with this team. Thank you for being awesome!
Very friendly and energetic staff made for a great experience with our refinance. Just a friendly point: Communication could be a bit better as well as giving accurate time projections on the process as regardless of work load, better to underpromise and over-deliver when discussing time frames.