Do's & Dont's.
Tips for a Smooth Loan Approval
Below are key items to do and to avoid during your home lending process. This list will help keep your loan on track and ensure an effortless home loan experience. Unsure if something will affect your loan approval? Just ask us! We have seen it all and can answer any of your questions.
- Immediately inform your Loan Officer if there are any changes in your employment, income, or assets.
- Continue living in your current residence.
- Continue making all mortgage or rent payments.
- Continue to make payments and stay current on all existing credit accounts.
- Be prepared with an explanation for any credit “blemishes” and recent credit inquiries.
- Research and select a preferred homeowner’s insurance provider.
- Make any major purchases or home improvements. (ie. auto, boat, appliances, furniture, pool)
- Apply for new credit or loans.
- Pay off any charge-off accounts, collections, loans, credit cards, or consolidate debt.
- Close any credit card accounts, max-out, or over-charge credit accounts.
- Change bank accounts of transfer balances from one account to another.
- Change the source of your “closing funds.”
- Deposit large amounts of cash into your own bank account without proper documentation.
Jeremy is a true professional. He ensures all of our homeowners are taken care of at a high level for their lending needs and he is a great communicator. I highly recommend Jeremy to anyone in the market for a new home, refinance, or investment property!
It was always a pleasure when talking with Karen. She was patient and took the time to explain everything so we understood what to expect. The process from start to finish was as smooth as you can get. We would definitely recommend her to our family and friends.
Communication, follow up...access and response. I can call on Sandy when the business calls on us. She has always been there to get things done, make things happen and guide my clients to a successful outcome. Mortgages are not easy. Sandy makes things happen...and in our words...she is a part of getting things DONE!
Julie was beyond wonderful. First contract and she stayed in contact, always immediately answered any questions I had, and even was helping with me after having a baby within days. I cannot say enough good things about how amazing she was through this difficult contract. She is happy, timely, commutative, friendly, and all around just wonderful.
Arlo and team were flawless in their management our our refi. They were able to explain even the most intricate nuances. They were always available and pro-active in keeping us informed throughout the entire process. First Class! Would give future business and refer friends (and already have).
Christine and Aimee are super helpful answering all of our questions and concerns. They were always available when we needed them by email or phone. We could not have been happier and will definitely be recommending them to friends! Great overall experience. Thank you!!!