Do's & Dont's.
Tips for a Smooth Loan Approval
Below are key items to do and to avoid during your home lending process. This list will help keep your loan on track and ensure an effortless home loan experience. Unsure if something will affect your loan approval? Just ask us! We have seen it all and can answer any of your questions.
- Immediately inform your Loan Officer if there are any changes in your employment, income, or assets.
- Continue living in your current residence.
- Continue making all mortgage or rent payments.
- Continue to make payments and stay current on all existing credit accounts.
- Be prepared with an explanation for any credit “blemishes” and recent credit inquiries.
- Research and select a preferred homeowner’s insurance provider.
- Make any major purchases or home improvements. (ie. auto, boat, appliances, furniture, pool)
- Apply for new credit or loans.
- Pay off any charge-off accounts, collections, loans, credit cards, or consolidate debt.
- Close any credit card accounts, max-out, or over-charge credit accounts.
- Change bank accounts of transfer balances from one account to another.
- Change the source of your “closing funds.”
- Deposit large amounts of cash into your own bank account without proper documentation.
Bridget is a wonderful individual to work with. She sat down with us so that we could go over our refinancing options. She gave us all of the information that we needed to make a quick decision and she was quick with her team so that we could close by the end of the month!
Josh is a true professional.Efficent,thorough,courteous knowledgeable, caring over all an excelente loan officer and a great person to work with.I would definitely recommend him to friends.Thank you for working so hard and going above and beyond to make our dream a reality.
I really appreciate all the clarity in regards to the loan and the quick communication we had back and forth. If I had a question your team wood get right on it and get me answers. Thank you for your professionalism and competitiveness to gain my business. I had a great experience with all your team.
Danielle and Megan were amazing to work with. Their outstanding communication and attention to detail are what made this transaction. I can’t thank you girls enough for all the work you put in!! While the world was going crazy around us with Covid-19, they marched on! Thank you so much!
Rob and the team were very responsive and made themselves available no matter what the time was. They were always very nice and understanding. They answered all our questions and concerns to make sure we understood everything throughout the whole process.
Ryan stayed connected throughout the entire process, even calling on a Sunday to update us at one point! He goes above and beyond with his service, is pleasant to work with, and exceeded expectations with regards to the loan services he offered us.